Azure Ray - Sleep (by MrSqwbussy)
Now these years locked on my drawer
I’ll open to see just to be sure/i>
The best. The VERY best eleven years later.
Joni Mitchell-California (BBC) (by henhenstoll)
When you’re walking
And the streets are full of strangers
All the news of home you read
Just gives you the blues
We could definitely get out of here
But I always screw it up some way
This is why this love can’t stay.
One of my favorite songs from Shout Out Louds is “Very Loud”. At the back of a hotel in Soho in 2005, I saw them perform live for the first time. I love that this song came up on my music playlist this morning.
Love this version from Lianne!
Falling into fall with this song!
Weekday crush. Great song.
This is a very good cover!
“I am Motionless” // Summer 2012 playlist #1
Reliving my childhood with Mr. Brant.
SOKO - “We Might Be Dead By Tomorrow” (Official Video) (by noisey)
Just heard about Soko’s new album! The official video for “We Might Be Dead By Tomorrow” is cute but definitely NSFW.
Magnifier: St. Vincent
Romantic & Square’s 15 Best Albums of 2011
A long long time ago, I used to manage a music site called AekiTuesday.com. The site focused on local music news, reviews and views. Every year I would painstakingly work on my best of music list. I figured I should start this tradition on this lonely tumblr site. Perhaps it will give me the nudge I need to get back into the music blogging world (maybe). I am modestly starting with a top 15 list of 2011.
ROMANTIC & SQUARE - 15 Best Albums of 2011
1. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
2. Adele - 21
3. Laura Marling - A Creature I Don’t Know
4. St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
5. Feist - Metals
6. Real Estate - Days
7. Bon Iver - Bon Iver
8. PJ Harvey - Let England Shake
9. Girls - Father, Son, Holy Ghost
10. Washed Out - Within and Without
11. The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow
12. Wilco - The Whole Love
13. tUnE-yArDs - w h o k i l l
14. The Decemberists -The King Is Dead
15. M83 - Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming
* Radiohead - The King of Limbs
* Wild Flag - Wild Flag
* Destroyer - Kaputt
* Jay-Z & Kanye West — Watch the Throne
* Tom Waits - Bad As Me
* Julianna Barwick - The Magic Place
* Florence & the Machine - Ceremonials
* Robbie Robertson - How To Become Clairvoyant
* The Weeknd - House of Balloons
* The Horrors - Skying
Here is a Spotify playlist of the albums I’ve enjoyed this year: [TUMBLR] Romantic & Square - Best of 2011